Professional Designer Relevancy Tips
There are business model designers, strategists, entrepreneurs and innovators who come from varied disciplinary backgrounds and experience levels, but there is always more to learn. With these tips, you can only improve on your knowledge base and remain ahead of the crowd within your domain.
• Always be ready for the next question. This means that while you may have diagnosed a solution with a business model, there are going to be notions that arise which you have not thought of yet.
• It’s better to be early, then late. There is no best time to get involved with working on a canvas, but the longer you wait to engage with that labor, the longer you’ll have wait to experience that reward.
• Let the motion of the tide guide you. There are ebbs and flows in business, just like in the ocean. Be one with the momentum and take the waves as the arrive, in other words, don’t force your progress.
• Design what you know best. If there is an area that you are unsure about or have yet to become accustomed to, don’t try to bite off too much more than you can chew, you can learn that as practice time allots.
• Act with speed, but be cautious. It’s never good to work too fast, this goes without saying, however, if you are familiar with a certain aspect of your work, run with it, and then slow down after your formulation becomes effected.
• Know your boundaries. In today’s world, it couldn’t be more important to respect what has already been built, while learning from the mistakes of others. There is a reason that certain professionals have elevated to place they are in.
• Get healthy. This goes without saying. When your soul, mind and body are at peace, your work with show that. With a little rigour, and determination, you can enhance your designing to new heights.
• Be super connected. If there are people in your industry that know more then you, start to engage with them. For the people that know less then you, begin to teach them. This way you’ll continuously be learning.
• Practice makes perfect. Practice, practice, practice. The excellence that you seek is not going to fall out of the sky into your lap. You need to be motivated enough that the growth that you want is realised, again and again.
• Digital is first, brick and mortar is second. While the physicality of reality will never depart, the emergence of digital everywhere, is what is the new foundation of tomorrow’s innovation. Be aware of this concept, and be reminded that things are changing, fast.
Keep these tips in mind, when you are honing your expertise!